The Bourget Inn & Spa Resort
Our Meeting Facility is Green Conscious and Changing
- 80.2% of advertising is done online and
electronically minimizing the need of printed resources,
shipping and travelling fuels.
- Our website contains all the information meeting
planners require to research and rent our meeting room
facility. Their are no printed packages.
- Energy saving light bulbs are used in all lighting that do
require the need of dimming.
- Heat and air conditioning is reduced during down times and
during the night.
- In 2009 a $300,000 roof renovation was completed that
included improved insulating products and insulating
construction reducing the cost of heating and air conditioning
by an estimated 22%.
Catering & kitchen:
- Practice water conservation by minimizing excessive water
- Recycle plastics, metals, glass and cardboard packaging.
- Use 94.4% re-usable dishware and cutlery. And 2.8%
- Use of local Ontario produce when available.
- Use some organic cleaner to aid indoor air quality. However
all bathrooms etc are cleaned with standard cleaners ensuring
100% sanitization and cleanliness.
- 100% indoor non-smoking facility.
- No use of kitchen deep fryers or indoor grills which can add
smoke & pollutants to air.
- The inn operates it’s own private natural spring fed wells.
All water is chemically free and safe.
- Water & septic wastes are additionally treated by an air
injection system to increase waste breakdown.
- Meeting room includes paper recycling.
- Meeting room includes optional use of white board
instead of paper flip-charts.